Do you how much does a parking ticket cost in different cities of Canada? You might think that roads of Toronto or Vancouver might be the most expensive ones but quite surprisingly, there is another city that takes the throne.
Folks from the CBC’s Marketplace ran down a data analysis of 15 million tickets which were spread over the prominent Canadian cities in the last five years: Calgary, Halifax, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg. Here are the stats:
- Calgary: 283,070 tickets were handed out and the total charged fines are equal to $20,981,665. This means that per day, 776 tickets were issued while the average fine was $74.
- Halifax: 181,790 tickets were handed out and the total charged fines are equal to $5,002,915. This means that per day, 498 tickets were issued while the average fine was $28.
- Toronto: 2,168,493 tickets were handed out and the total charged fines are equal to $99,872,770. This means that per day, 5,941 tickets were issued while the average fine was $46.
- Vancouver: 392,636 tickets were handed out and the total charged fines are equal to $32,315,090. This means that per day, 1,076 tickets were issued while the average fine was $82.
- Winnipeg: 158,388 tickets were handed out and the total charged fines are equal to $13,623,860. This means that per day, 434 tickets were issued while the average fine was $86.
As you can see, Winnipeg turned out to be the most expensive city amongst all five cities, as drivers had to pay $86 for ticket. However, what this data does not state is the fact that there is some relaxation for the ticketed individuals; it is possible to decrease your fine if you are quick to pay. With the exception of Toronto where the complete payment of fine is mandatory, other Canadian cities offer similar relief.
Still, compared to Toronto’s 46$ fine, the charges in Winnipeg are quite costly. Moreover, if we compare it with Halifax, then the difference widens further.
The trouble for Winnipeg’s driver does not end here. Some of the spots known for the biggest occurrences of ticketing in Winnipeg had signs which were either not visible properly or contained baffling signs.
For instance, often Canadians who visit the state’s biggest hospital, Health Sciences Centre, have to park their vehicles across the hospital at William Avenue. However, there is a fine associated with the spot if a parking exceeds the defined three-meter crosswalk limit despite that the fact that it is hard to identify and considering the fact that many people come to the hospital with a troubled mind, the ticket is particularly harsh.
By using the services of ParkingForMe, you can get a parking slot within few minutes as a driver. If you have a used parking lot, then you can use it to rent through our app. We accept both PayPal and credit card for payments. For additional information, click this link to reduce your parking obstacles.
Parking For Me will handle all your queries. Just call them at 650-230-8080, or email at email@example.com, if you have any query.